May 25, 2010

A Fresh Start

About this time last year I discovered blogs. I had known about them before that, but last April was when I discovered that there were so many  really great blogs out there by so many great people about so many things that inspired me. I felt connected somehow to others who in some way were like me -- sometimes it was in the things we liked or things we did or what we dream about --I felt like I was a part of something good. 

I quickly became quite addicted to reading  many of these blogs and then of course I had to have a blog of my very own. I actually started a couple blogs before settling on one which I blogged happily away on for a number of months. But, after a while I felt frustrated and wasn't sure why I was doing this whole blogging thing. I took some time off to sort through my thoughts and feelings about blogging, coming to the conclusion that I had strayed away from my original goal which was to have fun and just be me. I began to feel that I had to measure up to some invisible standard of what to write about and of how often I had to write instead of just writing because I enjoyed it. I had started out wanting to share my life and who I am, but somewhere along the way I lost track of that -- it may not have showed to those who were reading my posts, but I knew that something wasn't right.

So, I have said all that to say that I am making a fresh start.

I have been trying for much of my life to live up to others expectations -- trying to fit into a box that was just not the right size or shape. I am trying now to throw away all the boxes and  learn how to just be me. So in this blog I plan to express myself through words and pictures without having to do it the way I think is expected, but the way I want to. Sometimes I will post quite regularly and sometimes my posts will be more erratic.

Thank you for joining me on my journey of  "Simply Being Me".

You can find my previous blogs here and here.

No comments: