May 27, 2010

Monday Meanderings -- Part 1


On his day off  hubby and I like to drive the back roads, often with no particular destination planned, but just to relax and enjoy the drive. I even bought a map that shows all the back roads in Ontario. Hubby would probably skip the map and just drive, but I like to know where I am and more importantly, I like to know how to get home from wherever we end up.



This week we drove on some gravel roads and came upon this really cool railway bridge. Part of the fun in these drives is to take pictures of things we see and do along the way.


Hubby bravely ventured into the ditch to get this picture of the water tunnel at the side of the bridge.


I took this picture inside the main tunnel.


It always amazes me when I find grass growing out from the rocks.


My hubby -- the rock climber -- whenever there are rocks to be climbed -- he will climb them.

To be continued . . .

No comments: